Cubans in Haiti criticize outgoing US government's sanctions
Port-au-Prince, Jan 19 (Prensa Latina) The Association of Cuban Residents in Haiti (ACRH) lashed out at the Donald Trump administration's recent sanctions on Cuba.
US Secretary of State Mike Pompeo last week announced Cuba's inclusion in the list of states that sponsor terrorism 'on the basis of unrealistic situations,' ACRH condemned.
ACRH recalled that Cuba has been facing organized and financed terrorism from the southern city of Miami, and also from official governmental institutions in Washington, causing death and injury to thousands of Cuban and foreign citizens.
'We have memory, it is not just a slogan, it is two words that call us to remember how much we have suffered as a nation since January 1, 1959. It was not because of Fidel Castro's expression as declaring us as a socialist country; aggressions against Cuba began long before,' ACRH said.
ACRH said that at least 3,000 people died and 2,099 were disabled as a result of violent actions organized by the United States in last 60 years.
|By the minute||Most read|