PAHO-WHO representative praises Cuba's strategy to fight Covid-19
By Diony Sanabia
FotoPl: Norbel González
Havana, Jun 29 (Prensa Latina) The Pan-American Health Organization and the World Health Organization (PAHO-WHO) Representative in Cuba, Dr. Jose Moya, assessed very positively the strategy developed to date by this Caribbean country to fight Covid-19.
Before the first three cases of the disease were detected in Cuba on March 11, an intersectoral response plan had been implemented for the novel SARS-Cov-2 coronavirus, the official said in an exclusive interview with Prensa Latina.
The initiative that has been put into practice has among its bases to achieve immediate identification of the coronavirus clinical and suspected cases through the nation's primary healthcare system, the doctor said.
According to Moya, the Real Time Polymerase Chain Reaction (RT PCR) tests conducted on these people and their contacts have made it possible to know and control the groups of those infected cases.
More than three months after the onset of the disease in Cuba, which emerged in China in late 2019 and currently affects almost the entire world, most of the events open in Cuba have been controlled, he said.
The pandemic has not ended, since there is still local transmission events of the disease in the region and globally, and that is a clear message everyone must take into account, the doctor said.
We must remain vigilant, we must continue to comply with the health authorities' recommendations regarding the prevention of the disease, he stated.
|By the minute||Most read|