Tuesday, December 07, 2021

NEWS

Senator confirms death of a young man during a bombing in Colombia

Senator confirms death of a young man during a bombing in Colombia

Bogota, Jul 8 (Prensa Latina) Senator from the Alternative Indigenous and Social Movement, Feliciano Valencia, on Thursday confirmed the death of a 17-year-old boy after the bombing by the Army of Colombia of a FARC dissident camp.
Share on facebook
Share on twitter
Share on whatsapp
Share on telegram
Share on email

Valencia said that the boy, Yeison Yule Pequi, died on Wednesday at Medilaser Clinic in Florencia, from the indigenous Altamira shelter, in Caqueta, after the attack perpetrated in Esperanza de San Vicente del Caguan on July 5.

According to the Ombudsman’s Office, Yeison Yule had been a victim of forced recruitment a year ago, the congressman said.

We call for corresponding investigations into the facts and verifying if other minors were affected in the operation carried out by the army, the indigenous senator demanded.

The Ombudsman’s Office deeply mourned the death of all the boys, girls and teenagers who have been victims of this conflict.

We extend our condolences to this young man’s family and call on legal authorities to prioritize relevant investigations, this institution pointed out.

ef/aph/mem/otf

RELATED
ÚLTIMO MINUTO
name of Prensa Latina

| Text SMS to 8100 with content PL
Receive 4 mesages x 25 cup

© 2016-2021 Prensa Latina
Latin American News Agency

Radio – Publications  – Videos – News by the minute.
All Rigts Reserved.

St. E No 454 , Vedado,  Habana, Cuba.
Phones: (+53) 7 838 3496, (+53) 7 838 3497, (+53) 7 838 3498, (+53) 7 838 3499
Prensa Latina © 2021 .

Web Site developed by IT Division  Prensa Latina.