Wednesday, May 25, 2022
name of Prensa Latina
Bandera inglesa
English Edition
name of Prensa Latina

NEWS

NEWS

Cuba updates state of workers after accident in Saratoga Hotel

Cuba updates state of workers after accident in Saratoga Hotel

Havana, May 7 (Prensa Latina) During the explosion reported at the Saratoga Hotel on Friday, 51 workers of the establishment and two workers who were doing restoration work were there, tourism authorities reported on Saturday.
Share on facebook
Share on twitter
Share on whatsapp
Share on telegram
Share on email

According to the spokesperson for the Gaviota Tourism Group, Roberto Enriquez Calzadilla, it is known so far about “the death of 11 workers, 13 are missing, six are hospitalized and the rest could leave the facility, in some cases only with minor injuries.”

After the accident, communication and management plans were immediately activated to deal with exceptional situations, Calzadilla noted at a press conference at the Habana Libre Hotel.

In addition, “a command post was set up to monitor each of the actions that are being taken, both for search and rescue, as well as for monitoring those hospitalized and supporting the families of our deceased colleagues,” Enriquez said.

He pointed out that they established contact with the tour operators, who gave an understanding response and they established the telephone number 52808062 to provide all the information available to the population.

For her part, the spokeswoman for the Ministry of Tourism (Mintur), Dalila Alba Garcia, lamented the accident and reaffirmed that “government authorities, institutions and our people all joined forces to deal with this event.”

She explained that the hotel had closed due to the Covid-19 pandemic, so there were no tourists there.

“During the recess, it was subject to maintenance and remodeling activities, which would guarantee its reopening on May 10,” she added.

Garcia acknowledged the rapid activation of the plans designed to deal with extraordinary events, “led by the Government, in which the search and rescue, and fire departments, public order forces, the Red Cross and our people participate tirelessly.”

Currently, the evolution of the events is being followed, “we are shocked, but we are not going to abandon our efforts to move forward with the development of tourism in Cuba,” she concluded.

jg/ocs/att

CUBA-SARATOGA

Cuba updates state of workers after accident in Saratoga Hotel

Havana, May 7 (Prensa Latina) During the explosion reported at the Saratoga Hotel on Friday, 51 workers of the establishment and two workers who were doing restoration work were there, tourism authorities reported on Saturday.

According to the spokesperson for the Gaviota Tourism Group, Roberto Enriquez Calzadilla, it is known so far about “the death of 11 workers, 13 are missing, six are hospitalized and the rest could leave the facility, in some cases only with minor injuries.”

After the accident, communication and management plans were immediately activated to deal with exceptional situations, Calzadilla noted at a press conference at the Habana Libre Hotel.

In addition, “a command post was set up to monitor each of the actions that are being taken, both for search and rescue, as well as for monitoring those hospitalized and supporting the families of our deceased colleagues,” Enriquez said.

He pointed out that they established contact with the tour operators, who gave an understanding response and they established the telephone number 52808062 to provide all the information available to the population.

For her part, the spokeswoman for the Ministry of Tourism (Mintur), Dalila Alba Garcia, lamented the accident and reaffirmed that “government authorities, institutions and our people all joined forces to deal with this event.”

She explained that the hotel had closed due to the Covid-19 pandemic, so there were no tourists there.

“During the recess, it was subject to maintenance and remodeling activities, which would guarantee its reopening on May 10,” she added.

Garcia acknowledged the rapid activation of the plans designed to deal with extraordinary events, “led by the Government, in which the search and rescue, and fire departments, public order forces, the Red Cross and our people participate tirelessly.”

Currently, the evolution of the events is being followed, “we are shocked, but we are not going to abandon our efforts to move forward with the development of tourism in Cuba,” she concluded.

jg/ocs/att

RELATED
ÚLTIMO MINUTO
name of Prensa Latina

| Text SMS to 8100 with content PL
Receive 4 mesages x 25 cup

© 2016-2021 Prensa Latina
Latin American News Agency

Radio – Publications  – Videos – News by the minute.
All Rigts Reserved.

St. E No 454 , Vedado,  Habana, Cuba.
Phones: (+53) 7 838 3496, (+53) 7 838 3497, (+53) 7 838 3498, (+53) 7 838 3499
Prensa Latina © 2021 .

Web Site developed by IT Division  Prensa Latina.