Friday, May 20, 2022
name of Prensa Latina
Bandera inglesa
English Edition
name of Prensa Latina

NEWS

NEWS

Cuba continues to be a safe destination

Cuba continues to be a safe destination

Havana, May 10 (Prensa Latina) Cuba will continue to be a destination of peace, security, tranquility and solidarity, the spokeswoman of the Ministry of Tourism (Mintur), Carmen Casal said today, in statements to the press about the events at the Saratoga hotel.
Share on facebook
Share on twitter
Share on whatsapp
Share on telegram
Share on email

When asked about the probable effects on Cuba´s image in international markets, after the explosion at the hotel that caused the death of 42 people, Casal reaffirmed that there is confidence in Cuba as a destination.

I am convinced that all the messages of support we have received from tourism ministers of different countries, commercial partners, tour operators, airlines, well-known personalities of the sector and visitors, are demonstrations of support backed by this sentiment, she emphasized.

We regret the loss of human lives and the victims; this is a very sad and regrettable accident, she said.

She recalled that Cuba continues its recovery of the leisure industry after the strong impact of the Covid-19, thanks to a strategy that has allowed receiving about 450,000 international travelers in the first four months of the year.

“We are going to recover and develop tourism, Cuba will continue to be a preferred destination for many ” she assured.

Regarding what will happen with the Saratoga hotel, the designated spokesman of the Gaviota Tourism Group, Roberto Enriquez, said that the priority is the search for the three people who were still missing.

When these works are concluded, a multidisciplinary team will deepen in the situation of the property, from there the proposal will be presented so that the competent organs take the corresponding decision, he specified.

Enriquez commented that the building is 80 percent damaged, according to appraisals, but this has to be corroborated with the work of the specialists.

On May 6, around 11:00 local time, an explosion occurred at the Saratoga Hotel in Old Havana, which so far has left 42 dead and 96 injured.

The causes of the incident are unknown, but it is presumed to have occurred due to the accumulation of gas during an operation with that fuel.

ef/afl/mem/kmg

RELATED
ÚLTIMO MINUTO
name of Prensa Latina

| Text SMS to 8100 with content PL
Receive 4 mesages x 25 cup

© 2016-2021 Prensa Latina
Latin American News Agency

Radio – Publications  – Videos – News by the minute.
All Rigts Reserved.

St. E No 454 , Vedado,  Habana, Cuba.
Phones: (+53) 7 838 3496, (+53) 7 838 3497, (+53) 7 838 3498, (+53) 7 838 3499
Prensa Latina © 2021 .

Web Site developed by IT Division  Prensa Latina.