Saturday, March 25, 2023
name of Prensa Latina
Bandera inglesa
English Edition
name of Prensa Latina



ANC Conference begins in South Africa


ANC Conference begins in South Africa

Johannesburg, South Africa, Dec 16 (Prensa Latina) The African National Congress (ANC), South Africa's leading political force, began its 55th Conference in Johannesburg on Friday to elect the new party leadership for the next five years.

The positions on which the delegates will vote are the President of the organization, Vice President, Secretary General, Deputy Secretary General, and Treasurer.

The organizing committee stated that about 4,500 delegates from all over the country would attend the event.

During the ANC presidential gala dinner on Thursday evening, Cyril Ramaphosa expressed his confidence that the ANC will overcome the challenges ahead by finding solutions.

After losing two million jobs during Covid-19 and the devastation of last year’s July riots, he said, the country is on its way to growth.

The delegates at the National Conference comprise 90 percent of the grassroots membership. The remaining 10 percent come from the NEC, the Provincial Executive Committees (PECs), and the three leagues (youth, women, and veterans).

Cyril Ramaphosa was elected as ANC President during the 54th Conference.


name of Prensa Latina

| Text SMS to 8100 with content PL
Receive 4 mesages x 25 cup

© 2016-2021 Prensa Latina
Latin American News Agency

Radio – Publications  – Videos – News by the minute.
All Rigts Reserved.

St. E No 454 , Vedado,  Habana, Cuba.
Phones: (+53) 7 838 3496, (+53) 7 838 3497, (+53) 7 838 3498, (+53) 7 838 3499
Prensa Latina © 2021 .

Web Site developed by IT Division  Prensa Latina.