Sunday, July 21, 2024
name of Prensa Latina
Bandera inglesa
English Edition
Search
Close this search box.
name of Prensa Latina

NEWS

NEWS

China criticizes US plundering of Syria’s wealth

Petroleo-1
Damascus, Jul 4 (Prensa Latina) The Chinese Government called on the United States to end its illegal deployment of troops in Syria and stop looting the country's resources.

Chinese Foreign Ministry Spokeswoman Mao Ning stated in a press conference that the US military is involved in the illegal transportation of Syria’s wheat out of the country.

In 2011, before the war, Syria produced more than 380,000 barrels of crude oil per day, but this volume was reduced to 15,000, accounting for only 5 percent of the country’s needs, while the remaining 95 percent is imported with enormous difficulties due to the United States blockade.

The damage to the Syrian oil sector as a result of looting and sabotage by Washington amounted to 115.2 billion dollars, the Government of Syria denounced recently.

Before the conflict, Syria produced sufficient quantities of wheat for its own consumption and export, but production was reduced from five million tons to just over one million because almost one million hectares are unavailable as they are in areas occupied by the United States.

The Pentagon has at least a dozen bases in Syria, mostly in the oil and gas fields in the Al-Jazzira region, mainly in Hasakeh, and another one in the Tanef area, on the border with Iraq, to prevent any land communication between these two nations.

Syria has repeatedly charged that US forces train separatist and extremist militias to continue to destabilize the country and prolong the war.

jg/llp/jf/fm

LATEST NEWS
RELATED