A journalist from Yedioth Ahronothle newspaper asked Gantz if the Jewish State was prepared to act militarily against the Persian nation, and the official replied with a laconic yes.
Iran is an international and regional problem, the world witnessed it on Friday, he said in reference to an alleged attack on an oil tanker leased by an Israeli company, as a result of which two people were killed.
Since then, numerous members of Israeli cabinet, led by Prime Minister Naftali Bennet, have held Tehran responsible for the incident, although none has shown evidence.
‘Now is time for facts, words are not enough. It is time for diplomatic, economic and even military actions, otherwise attacks will continue,’ Gantz emphasized.
Iranian Foreign Ministry Spokesman Said Khatibzadeh described Tel Aviv’s accusations as unfounded and warned that his country will not hesitate ‘when it comes to protecting its security and national interests and will respond quickly and firmly to any possible adventure.’
Bennett claimed days ago to be certain of the alleged Iran’s involvement in the attack, but did not produced any evidence either.
‘We know how to send the message to Iran in our own way,’ the head of government warned.
Threats coincide with the recent announcement of more funding for Israeli military in 2022.