Monday, November 29, 2021

NEWS

Attack on hospital leaves nearly 20 dead in Afghanistan

Afghanistan hospital explosion

Attack on hospital leaves nearly 20 dead in Afghanistan

Kabul, Nov 2 (Prensa Latina) At least 19 people were killed and 43 wounded in an attack here on Afghanistan's largest military hospital, security sources reported today.
Share on facebook
Share on twitter
Share on whatsapp
Share on telegram
Share on email

Afghan Interior Ministry spokesman Qari Saeed Khosty said two explosions occurred at the Sardar Mohammad Daud Khan clinic, followed by gunfire.

The blasts took place at the entrance of the 400-bed hospital located in central Kabul at around 13:00 (local time), he added.

According to witnesses, the attack was carried out with a car bomb, and so far 19 people were killed at the site, not far from the Ministry of Public Health.

There was no immediate attribution of responsibility, but the official Bakhtar news agency quoted witnesses who said that Islamic State of Iraq and Syria (ISIS) fighters entered the health facility. ISIS, which has carried out a series of attacks against mosques and other targets since the Taliban takeover of Kabul in August, staged another action against this hospital in 2017, which left 30 dead.

pgh/etc/mem/lp

RELATED
ÚLTIMO MINUTO
name of Prensa Latina

| Text SMS to 8100 with content PL
Receive 4 mesages x 25 cup

© 2016-2021 Prensa Latina
Latin American News Agency

Radio – Publications  – Videos – News by the minute.
All Rigts Reserved.

St. E No 454 , Vedado,  Habana, Cuba.
Phones: (+53) 7 838 3496, (+53) 7 838 3497, (+53) 7 838 3498, (+53) 7 838 3499
Prensa Latina © 2021 .

Web Site developed by IT Division  Prensa Latina.